Sunday, February 20, 2011

Where is Spring?

I'm so over this snow. All week, it was warm and sunny (and by warm, I mean 50 degrees which is incredibly warm for Ohio in February) and it seriously made my s.a.d. feel much better--I knew it wouldn't stay, but I was hopeful. It felt good to feel like that again. Not that I'm depressed at all, but I definitely get the "winter blues," especially when things like work are so stressful; the sunshine and warm weather was such an uplifting feeling.

H and I had date night last night for his birthday (which was Wednesday) and it was so nice to get out of the house and do some fun things together. We went to the Toledo Museum of Art and took a glass class, where we made glass flowers together. It was something we'd been talking about wanting to do for a few years, so for a birthday present surprise I took him to the class. It was a lot of fun, and it was great to try something new together. For dinner we went to The Melting Pot, which is this really awesome fondue place where we had cheese fondue with chips, veggies and bread, a wine fondue with steak, chicken, shrimp, lobster, and duck, and a white chocolate and amaretto fondue with cake, brownies, and fruit. It was amazing, and it was an interactive dinner which was really cool. It was so wonderful to get out of our normal routine and try new things together--I love when we do that because it's a great bonding experience for us, and it gets us out of our normal rut. Plus, I think we needed a romantic night out---sometimes life around here gets boring, and we need new things to keep us going :)

I'm ready for Spring. I'm ready to not be cooped up in the house every evening because it's too cold to go for walks or go to the park. I'm ready to be able to keep the windows open and feel the breeze (and not have to be under a blanket because it's too cold). I want to drive with my windows down or the sun roof open and not have to have the heat on to balance it out. And I want the sunshine to be a regular occurrence again. Where-oh-where is Spring?!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin