Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fast Cars and Freedom



Today, I rode for the first time with my little sister Mindy as she drove my car. A little scary, but not too bad for her first time! :) I'm proud of her! And I'm still alive, which is also very important, hahaha! Needs to work on her breaking and turns, but otherwise she isn't too bad with it. And now I get to pass my car (the Beast) down to her so she has something to drive, and I get the new car. Glad to have a newer and nicer car coming, but it's going to be hard to say goodbye to the Beast--we've been together for 7 years now and I have a lot of great memories in that car: driving around singing with Nikie, dancing after the school plays (oh the Car Dance), my first kiss with Tommy Boggs, the road trips, all the driving around when I was upset and singing at the top of my lungs to release that anger, taking Daisy for rides in the summer to the park, and lots of other good memories. I guess it's time to let Mindy make her own memories in that car and let my new car Ruby give me some memories for the next chapter of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin