Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4 days in!

Well, I'm 4 days into my new healthy eating and exercise plan for this year, and I'm feeling great! I worked out Sunday (day 1) and went a little too hard, got a build-up of lactic acid in my leg muscles and had to let that break down a little before I could push myself again, so I didn't workout Monday or Tuesday. (Also, I don't workout on Tuesday or Thursday because those are the days I work until 7pm, so I wouldn't even be able to get to the gym until 8pm and I'm usually in bed around 10pm. It was just too much, and I had to pick 2 days each week to not workout, so that just made sense.) Today, I went and ran on the elliptical. Because of my bad knees from ballet, I can't run on a treadmill or outside on the pavement, so I only run on the elliptical. I actually really enjoy running; it's a great way for me to get my frustrations and stress out. So I ran today, and did my first mile in just under 7 minutes and my second mile in just under 8! Pretty darn good, especially since the last time I was on an elliptical was in January and I ran 1 mile in 13 minutes! I feel so good and confident now, and that's exactly what I needed to keep going!

The dieting has been pretty good, too. I've had the opportunity to cheat (ugh, it seems like there are ALWAYS goodies in the teacher's lounge!) but I've been pretty good about it. Granted, I'm only 4 days in, but just on the food alone I feel healthier. I've had to play around a bit with the menu and pick some foods that work best for me, but so far so good. Tonight was french onion soup and paninis :) I just feel good. I'm feeling confident about all of this, and I'm not feeling like I want to quit or cheat--something that's very different than it has been in the past! I'm not going to lie, though: I pray for strength and support a lot, because I see this as something I can't do without God's help!

4 days in, and I'm still feeling confident. 2011 will definitely end 50 pounds lighter than it started!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin