Monday, June 7, 2010

Fear and Faith

I'm officially down to a size 11/12!! Hooray!! I'm on my way to single digits again! :)

I've been doing a lot of praying for both the weightloss and the job hunt, and my newest prayers is for God to replace my fear with faith. Fear is absolutely useless-- 1 John 4:18 says "But [His] perfect love drives out fear...the one who fears is not made in perfect love." I AM made in perfect love, in His perfect love, and therefore I need to get the fear out of my life. All it does is make me doubt and worry, and why should I need to worry when I have the perfect Creator of all things in control of my life? I don't have to! He has the best plans for me, and all worrying and stressing is going to do is tear me down and make me doubt. So, I'm going to let God replace my fear with faith and wait (as patiently as I can...maybe I should be praying for more patience too lol) for Him to show me the next step.

On that note, I continue to apply for teaching jobs and run/workout daily in hopes that His next step will come soon.

Faith totally kicks fear's butt, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin