Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Looking for work

So I have been presented with an interesting opportunity. A few weeks ago, I posted on Craigslist that I was a certified teacher who was willing to do childcare/tutoring in your home. I haven't gotten any hits, and I just figured that Craigslist probably wasn't the prime spot to find childcare (I mean, goodness, who's to say I'm not the next Craigslist killer?! I'm not, but people don't know that when they decide to respond to my post about taking care of their children). I'd actually almost forgotten about it until I got an email last night from a woman in Maumee who is looking for someone to nanny her 2 and 3 1/2 year old kids 5 days a week from 8am to 3pm, plus tutor her kindergartner. After talking about it with my mom, I decided to look more into it. It would be until June 10, and I had to figure out where I would end up living after May 8 since that's when my lease is up. Thank God for kind friends, because Nan (a woman I work with a Glass City Academy, and the mother of a good friend) has offered to let me move into their house in Maumee for that month! So I've emailed the woman back about setting up a time to meet this weekend to talk about details. No, it's not teaching, but it's childcare and it's going to pay more than the long-term sub job at Fostoria would (which I still haven't heard back about) and it is going to pay more than I would get for subbing all week after taxes anyway. So I guess now I'll meet with the woman and discuss what could/would happen if I took the job---let's see where God takes me with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin