Monday, February 22, 2010

Love Language

So I've been hearing a lot about "The 5 Love Languages," which is this book about finding out how to communicate better with you spouse and how to strengthen your marriage. I am not married, but it's important to know what your love language is so that you can connect better with others and understand how to help others connect and communicate better with you. Klove.com is offering a chance to take the test and find out what your love language is, so I decided to take it today while on my planning period. Here's my results:

Words of Affirmation

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.


So I guess the best way to connect with me is by speaking kindly to me and telling me affirming words. I guess I've kind of known that for a while, because I would always ask past boyfriends about why they enjoyed being with me, and I love to hear "I love you" when I'm in a relationship. And it's true about insults and discouraging words--they bring me down very very quickly! Hmmm interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin