Sunday, March 28, 2010

Opening Doors

So for the past 3 months I have been attending Dayspring Assembly of God, and I absolutely love it! This church and the pastoral staff there are so spirit-filled, and I know that this is the church that God has called me to. I feel so connected to God's presence when I am there, and I can't wait to come back to BG in the fall so I can continue attending church there. Unfortunately, until today, I haven't really felt connected to anyone there. It's not because of the church, but because I tend to get shy (I know, right?! Me shy? But when I'm alone in a new situation I can be really shy.) and I don't go out of my way to meet new people at church. I've been praying a lot about finding a church family there and maybe getting involved in a ministry there, and today I had the opportunity to do both!

Today after the 11am service, they did something called "Pizza with the Pastors" where they provided lunch for new families of the church and you had a chance to meet all of the pastors and fellowship together. I almost didn't go, because I would be going alone and I felt out of place, but I went anyway and I'm so glad I did! I met Pastor Dave Thompson and his wife at lunch today, and they asked me to sit with them so I wasn't sitting alone. Dave is the youth pastor at Dayspring, and he and Kati were so nice to me! They were surprised to hear that I grew up at Ravenna Assembly of God, and it turns out that they are good friends with Cornell and Kristen (my high school youth pastor and his wife) and we got along really well! They introduced me to Lisa, who is a director of creative arts and drama, who was really excited to hear about my background in theater and asked me to potentially get involved in that ministry in the fall when I move back. Pastor Dave also mentioned something about possibly getting involved in the youth ministry as a youth leader in the fall, and Kati took down my contact info to pass along to the girl who leads the young-adult/college ministries. I feel like I'm finally starting to find a church family and way to get involved in a church ministry! Maybe this is God's way for me to lead and do something life changing for Him! I feel so good about this! But now I'm really sad that I have to leave the church for the summer in just 5 short weeks! More excitement for me to come back to in the fall, though! :) Just one more door that God has opened for me!

And the job hunt continues, as well. I put in an application at Sylvan Learning Center back home in hopes that I can get a summer job there--just something to pay the bills this summer, hopefully. Also, I've got job fair coming up after Easter (April 13) and I have 6 interviews lined up there, plus the application I've put in for Ottowa Hills and Fostoria. Hopefully SOMETHING will come out of this!! I want so badly to find a job for the fall, specifically in Northwest Ohio, because I want to stay close to H and because this is where I feel like I'm being drawn to set up shop permanently. I'm just going to trust God to know the desires of my heart on this one and make it work for me! Today at church, Pastor Scott said that we can't receive God's gifts if we don't ask, so at the alter call today I went up and had one of the prayer team members pray for a job for me. I feel completely anointed by God and know that He will lead me to the perfect teaching placement. I also know that because I'm committed to following His word and delighting myself in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart-- which happen to be staying in this area to teach, preferably at Fostoria. Just gotta keep praying and putting my applications out there!

Home for Easter in 5 more sleeps--- looking forward to a chance to go home and spend some time with the family. :) And, as usual, things with H are going so well!! We had our first date Friday night, and it was fantastic. I have missed just spending time with him, especially because he is my best friend. It feels so good to just talk and joke and reconnect with him, and I am thanking God every single day for bringing him back into my life. It feels so good to be that giggly silly girl who is crazy in love again!!

Life is good, and God is opening so many doors for me, and I'm so excited to see what He has behind each one!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you love your church. i had to try a few different churches when I first moved to Toledo to find the right one, but once you have found it, you know. Having a church family is sooooo important. Just knowing that someone notices if you are not there and cares. Hope you find a job!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin