Monday, August 15, 2011

Reasons to Celebrate

Even though the reality of H officially joining the Army hasn't fully set in yet, I wanted to show him how much I support him, so I made him a celebration dinner: honey-balsamic cedar plank salmon, roasted crab legs, broccoli, and Summer Shady. So yummy! You can get the recipe and read about it here, on my Paleo blog. It turned out quite yummy, and it's definitely a recipe I'll make again!

There are lots of big changes coming our way starting next year, and it's crazy to think about what the future holds for us, right now I'm trying to stay focused on the present.

I got hired at a local preschool and elementary school to work as an after school care worker and substitute teach for them occasionally. I'm excited to be working with kids in such an amazing, supportive school, even if it's not as an English teacher. I'll be making enough to pay the bills right now, too, which is important. I'm just really happy to be back in a school working with kids again! :) H is working on finding a job right now, too--still turning in applications and waiting to hear back, so say a prayer! Selling Avon is also going well. I love getting to meet new people, to share these great products with my friends and family, and to make a little extra money (which I usually end up spending on products for myself...but that's okay, because it's basically like getting make-up for free!)

Wedding things are going well. We had some beautiful engagement photos taken by a girl that I work with, and we used them to make up some engagement announcements. We'll mail those out as soon as the engagement is official (gosh, I feel like we have to do everything backwards because of the Army, but we're making it work for our situation so I guess that's what's important!) My mom is going to pick up my wedding dresses today (yes, more than one--long story short, I got a dress for the JOP wedding and the dress for the traditional ceremony for super cheap at David's Bridal so my mom was amazing enough to get them both! I cried lol)and I've got invitation samples on the way, which is making me super excited! Yes, the traditional ceremony with friends and family isn't until late next year (probably Christmas time), but just playing around with wedding ideas is making me really excited and is giving me something to do. We are going home late next month because I need to get my dresses fitted and so we can get our marriage license--November 11 is coming so soon! Less than 3 months away now, and I'm getting all giddy and excited! :)

I'm just so thankful for all the blessings, even when things get rough and aren't going totally how you'd planned. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin